AUSTRALIAN SUPERBIKE CHAMPIONSHIP
The Australian Superbike Pillion Ride program provides a unique experience that will offer an insight into the world of motorcycle racing and provide a memory that will last forever.
The following criteria are based on the suitability for pillion passengers participating in the ASBK Pillion Ride Program. These items are to ensure the safety of rider, passenger and equipment.
– Max Height: 180cm – 183cm (5’ 9” to 6’)
– Max Weight: 95kg – 100k
– Minimum age 16 years and above
- Any Current Medication that may cause drowsiness
- Any Medical Conditions affecting balance, (Vestibulitis)
- No Extreme high blood pressure, (Uncontrolled hypertension)
- No Epileptic Seizures
- No Blood Thinning Medication or Antiplatelets (Warfain, Clopidogrel). Aspirin is OK
- No Musculoskeletal Conditions affecting strength in limbs and torso
- No Fractures
- Must have reasonable level of exercise tolerance (General Health Fitness)
- No Invasive Spinal Surgery (including fusions, stabilizations & metalwork implanted in spine)
- No Concussion within the last 30 days
- No Serious Head Injury Symptoms
- Report to the Race Sectary Office at the allocated time and ask for Denise Stronach.
- Undertake a medical examination by ASBK’s medical provider RACESAFE who will check your medical history and blood pressure.
- Once cleared by RACESAFE head back to the Race Secretary’s office to sign-on, complete a recreational one day licence application form and receive a wrist band.
- Get dress in the required safety equipment (i.e. leathers, boots, gloves, helmet etc).
- Once it’s time for your ride you will be escorted to pit lane to meet your rider.
- The rider and an official will brief you prior to mounting the motorcycle.
- It is important to follow all directions given to you by officials in pit lane.
There will be a maximum of four bikes on the track at any one time and the track officials will ensure that the bikes are well spaced. The riders are highly experienced in both racing and taking pillions.
Pillion rides will be two laps – a warm-up lap and a fast lap. Prior to the on track experience, all pillions will be briefed.
The key points are:
- Hold on as instructed
- Place feet firmly on the foot pegs
- Lean with the rider around turns
BRING WITH YOU
- Motorcycling Australia Licence (if you have one)
- Pants, socks, long sleeved top
- Leathers, gloves, helmet, boots (if you have them)