The Horsell Consulting Round of the 2018 Australian F1 & F2 Sidecar Championship is coming to a thrilling conclusion this weekend at the Spokes.com.au presents Round 7 of the Yamaha Motor Finance Australian Superbike Championship presented by Motul Pirelli (ASBK) at Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit. With titles up for grabs, setting the pace from the get go is key for these outfits.
The 16-strong field of well-presented F1 & F2 class outfits thundered around the circuit today in a shake down ahead of the weekends qualifying sessions and races. Of the large number of sidecar teams on track, it was David Boughen / Robbie Shorter (F1. LCR Suzuki 1000) and their time of a 1:48.144 that took the limelight.
The fastest of the F2 Duo’s was Mick Alton / Christine Clancy (J&C Contracting, F2 LCR Suzuki 600) lodging a fastest time of 1:49.677.
Qualifying of the 2018 Australian Sidecar Championship Horsell Consulting Round is scheduled for 12:10pm local time on Saturday, with the first seven lap race due to take place at 4:05pm.
Australian F1 & F2 Sidecar Championship Friday Provisional Results
1. David BOUGHEN / Robbie SHORTER (F1. LCR Suzuki 1000) 1:48.144
2. Howard FORD / Lee MENZIES (California Custom Products, F1 LCR Suzuki 1000) 1:48.406
3. Mick ALTON / Christine CLANCY (J&C Contracting, F2 LCR Suzuki 600) 1:49.677
4. Murray STRONACH / Stephen MARSHALL (Aceman Enterprises, F1 RHR Suzuki 1000) 1:51.204
5. Graeme EVANS / Jarrod SCOTT (Rick Hanger Racing F1, RHR Kawasaki 1000) 1:51.412
6. Jeff BROWN / Darren SHELDRICK (APW M-cycles, F1 JBR Suzuki 1000) 1:51.582
7. Bruce COLLINS / Peter DEANGELIS (F2 LCR Honda 598) 1:51.911
8. Patrick CLANCY / Stephen BONNEY (Alton Racing, F2 Shelb. Honda 598) 1:53.166
9. Richard GOODALE / Scott GOODALE (F2 Shelb. Honda 598) 1:54.055
10. Terry GOLDIE / Jamie CRASS (F2 Honda LCR 600) 1:54.752
See the ASBK action Live Trackside!! Buy Your ASBK Round 7 Tickets Here
Stay up to date with all the latest news and updates from ASBK by liking ASBK on Facebook, following the @asbk on Instagram and checking out the ASBK website here. To purchase your tickets for ASBK head to asbk.com.au.
Remaining 2018 ASBK Calendar Rounds
Round 7- Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit, VIC October 12 – 14
Photos courtesy of Andrew Gosling – tbg sport