The mi-bike Motorcycle Insurance Australian Superbike Championship presented by Motul (ASBK) returns to Queensland Raceway (QR) from 18th – 20th March for round two of the 2022 ASBK Championship.
The March event will be the first time the ASBK Championship has competed at Queensland Raceway since 2014, and the first under the new ownership of famed motorsport competitor and multi-track owner, Tony Quinn.
The 3.12km National Circuit will be in use and it has six challenging corners. The QR layout offers fans the opportunity to follow any battle or racer around the whole circuit. Under Tony Quinn’s ownership, the venue is undertaking some initial improvements and longer-term plans are underway for the next iteration of the circuit.
Peter Doyle, CEO of Motorcycling Australia: “It’s great to see the ASBK Championship return to Queensland Raceway now under Tony Quinn’s ownership and guidance. We’ve all seen what he’s done elsewhere and know he’s a fan of the sport as well as being an astute businessman. The 2022 event promises much and we’re working together with QR to really deliver a great event for Ipswich and the Greater Brisbane area.”
Tony Quinn, operator of Queensland Raceway: “We are so excited to welcome the Australian Superbike Championship back to Queensland Raceway. It’s been seven years since QR last hosted the Championship and we’re looking forward to having Australia’s best riders at our track again. ASBK provides some of the most heart-racing entertainment in the country and we can’t wait to see it live in Ipswich in 2022.”
The 2022 mi-bike Motorcycle Insurance Australian Superbike Championship presented by Motul Queensland Raceway round will be held from 11th-13th March 2022.
For more information and event details, see the official Championship website www.asbk.com.au
- Queensland Raceway is 70km from Brisbane Airport, with Ipswich being the closest population centres
- First time at QR for an ASBK round since 2014
- The Superbike round result in 2014 was:
- Glenn Allerton
- Mike Jones
- Mathew Harding
- Phil Lovett
- Ben Nicholson
- ASBK lap records:
- Australian Superbikes Glenn Allerton BMW HP4 1:08.531 16 June 2013
- Australian Supersports Jamie Stauffer Yamaha YZF-R6 1:11.212 13 July 2008
- Tony Quinn is the new operator of Queensland Raceway as of October 2021. He also operates Hampton Downs (NZ), Highlands (NZ) and Taupo Motorsport Park (NZ).